Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Guess Who’s Back, Back Again…….

…………….Hippster’s back, tell a friend!
Hello! Yes, I have not posted in a long while. But rest assured, I have composed wonderful posts in my head, which I will draft and publish at a later date. Thank you so much for your kind words. My brother is going to be ok, his liver is going to be a huge mess, but he’s alive and kicking. Out of respect to that fact that both my parents and brother are extremely private people and don’t feel comfortable about me talking to the “internet” about this, I will leave a lot of this situation out of my blog. Having said that, the last couple weeks have been so very rough for all of us in different ways and very emotional. I think that one of the biggest ones for me was this all consuming guilt that I didn’t see any signs, that I wasn’t there enough for him. I think that has been the leading emotion, along with my parents being very hurt, like they didn’t love him enough to stop this or something and that he just wants to be LEFT ALONE right now and not picked at over this. It’s a very tangled web of emotions.

The most important thing is he is going to be ok. Taking 4 bottles of sleeping pills can be pretty darn painful, but I’m grateful it was that and not a gun.

I end this with a quote direct from my brother:
“You know, the Psych ward REALLY does suck.”

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Britt said...

Phew! I am so relieved! I was getting very worried about you, my blog friend who I've only known for a few weeks...

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Oh, goodness. I'm glad he's ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home